Skip to main content

March of Dimes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello September

I can't believe it's September! So close to Fall.  This time of year is one of my favorites.  Of course, Fall in South Texas is not the Fall I am used to being from the Midwest.  Football isn't the same if you're not freezing your buns off in the stands, holding a cup of hot cocoa just try stay warm.  It reminds me of marching band practice and the fall festival in my hometown.  Funnel cakes and potato gunfights. Freshly pulled taffy and the Ferris wheel that was always scary but the best view in town. And who can have the Fall without the beautiful changing leaves!  My goal this year is to make it up to North Texas where I hear the leaves do change colors. And call me crazy, but I think this will be the first year I really jump on the pumpkin spice train.  I like pumpkin but never really understood the whole craze around the pumpkin spice.  But I made me some pumpkin pancakes the other day and I was definitely craving more after they were gone! Also, it's La

On average, it takes more than 2 months before a new behavior becomes automatic — 66 days to be exact.

This is what one study showed, conducted by Phillipa Lally, and published in the  European Journal of Social Psychology.   The study also says that it greatly depends on the person (of course), the circumstances, and the behavior.   Habit: A settled or regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up . I have been making exercise a habit since March, earlier this year.  A habit, as in at least 5 times a week, during one program 6 days.  I think the longest I have taken a break in the last 8 months was a week or two, cause hey, life happens.  It has improved every aspect in my life physically, mentally, and emotionally. I used to be that coworker that would fall asleep at her desk.  Seriously, I felt like I was back in high school in biology class, which I had right after lunch, with the monotone teacher (sorry Mr. Clark).  You know the feeling when you just cannot stay awake for the life of you.  That was me.  Until I made exercise part of my daily routine.

The Shake

When I signed up to be a coach I didn't really plan to use Shakeology.  I had never tried it before and I really was just so sold by the workouts that I didn't think buying the shakes would really add that much more to my new lifestyle.  But it all kind of came with the territory and I thought I may as well give them a try to see what they were like.  I ordered the cafe latte, because according to research I had done that flavor along with chocolate was their biggest sellers.  And I like coffee. It came quicker than expected and I was super excited to try it.  It was a little strong on flavor.  The first mixture I tried was using just unsweetened almond milk and I've now been adding water along with that to cut down the strong flavor.  I sometimes add oats, frozen bananas, mint extract (careful with this one, a drop or two will do.  I learned that the hard way) or peanut butter.  But there are loads of recipes if you search around.  You can change your flavor with the