Skip to main content

Warning...this could get messy

So, this is pretty much a rant and I apologize ahead of time for this, but sometimes you just have to get it off your chest. There is a girl at work that every time I mention about something aching or happening to me that I link to my pregnancy she insists that it's not related to my pregnancy. What the heck? She has no idea what is going on with my body! I'll just give an example from this morning. When I woke up my side hut, my lower side. So, when she asked me what was wrong today I told her my side hurt. She's like "from what?" and I said, "probably from me getting fatter". Now, before I tell you what she said, let me back up my theory of why I thought this was the reason for my side hurting. I read on one of my MANY pregnancy info sites that one of the symptoms I could be having is my side hurting from stretching, growing, ya know. Well, she says "I highly doubt that." I could understand if this girl that I work with has never been pregnant before, but her child is 13 years old! She's been through all this before. This just adds on to all the rest of the comments she's made. She treats me like I have never been pregnant before. About a month ago, before we got to hear this baby's heartbeat, she proceeded to mimic what a baby's heartbeat over the Doppler sounded like and kept saying "that's what it sounds like"! I'm thinking "um hello, where you not here like a little over a year ago when I went through all this before?" Maybe I'm just sensitive or emotional or what ever else I want to blame it on, but it really irks me that she makes comments like this.

Besides that, everything is going great! My stomach seems to be growing, so that is good. I have another three weeks until my next OB appointment and another four weeks until the cerclage! YAY! I started walking today on my break at work. Hopefully I will keep at it so I "don't gain too much weight" as my cardiologist said two weeks ago. Oh, plus I went to the dentist last Tuesday and my gums still hurt and I have a sore that I just keep irritating when I brush. It's really painful and I wish it would heal. If it doesn't heal this week I'm going to make a phone call to my doctor. I know your gums are sensitive when you are pregnant, but dang!

Thanks for listening to me gripe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy does it

I'm all about simple these days.  And leftovers! This meal is both.  Took about 20 minutes prep time and you could eat it then or make it in the morning, like I did, to reheat later that evening for dinner.  I think mine looks a little funny, maybe cause I used the different colored noodles, but it has all my kid's favorites like the spiral pasta and peas and carrots. And it is good! Meat, veggies, pasta all in one dish.  Add some Italian or garlic bread and you have dinner! Oh, and did I mention it is a great meal on a budget?! Pasta and Ham Primavera Recipe 8 oz rotini 1 lb frozen vegetables (I used peas and carrots) 1 1/3 cup diced ham 2 cloves garlic 1 jar Alfredo sauce Cook pasta according to package, add frozen veggies during last 2 minutes.  Drain.  Cook ham and garlic 2-3 minutes.  Add sauce, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Bring to a boil, stir in pasta mixture, stirring until h...

More on March of Dimes

I am so excited about the March of Dimes walk next month! I love doing this because it makes me feel even closer to my daughter. It lets people know that she was someone that was here and they acknowledge her more. I just want everyone to realize and be aware of the things that can go wrong during pregnancy. For example, when I was pregnant with Darcy I never in a million years knew something like this could happen. That could be my own ignorance or lack of education, but I'm sure I'm not the only one unaware of a woman having a weak cervix. The night I went into the hospital before giving birth to Darcy I was in a lot of pain, but I never dreamed that I was in labor. I just thought I'd go in and get checked out and come home happy and still pregnant. The thought of coming home without my baby never crossed my mind. The March of Dimes gives mothers a chance to honor their babies that they have lost and let other know about them. I expect that day will be filled with many te...