Skip to main content

Ending the first week

As I am ending the first week of my 2 week challenge I am pumped and already looking forward to my next one.  It's so exciting to see others getting involved and sharing their journey with each other.  Not only are they keeping themselves accountable, but it helps me stay on track and they are keeping me accountable.  I feel like it's my job as a coach to be up before everyone and posting that post that they will for see first in the morning.  Their coach got up and worked out already and that I hope is inspiring.

This next challenge will be on my own.  As in my coach won't be there to guide me through, I'll be leading it myself.  Along side my new coach that I signed on earlier this week.  I already see my team forming and it's encouraging me to work harder and reach more people.

I'm currently doing 21 Day Fix and loving it!  It's 30 minute workouts that I knock out easy before work each day.  It is 7 days a week, but that's simple to do at just 30 minutes a pop.  I am also following the meal plan, which uses the containers I talked about in a prior blog entry.  LOVE IT! It's so doable to fill these containers each day and just eat that food.  Of course, there is a food list for each food group.  But, I know you can find something you like.  It's all about eating clean and your body will LOVE you for it.  I even stuck to my meal plan on Thanksgiving.  Of course I may have stretched what actually was allowed (like cornbread stuffing) , but I did not over eat and I was still able to enjoy Thanksgiving and not have to miss out.  I even lost a pound over this week! I don't think I have ever been able to say that.

I've even been going out on a limb and cooking new recipes all from the Beachbody blog site.  They have HUNDREDS of recipes and all I have to do is type in say "Salmon" and recipes for different salmon dishes come up.  I have even made cookies that fit into the clean eating plan.  And they were good! Hit the spot for my sweet tooth.  These recipes even tell you the portions for the container system, which is a BONUS!

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE to not do these programs to get in shape for the new year.  I am well on my way and I hope to inspire others to join me on this amazing life changing journey!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy does it

I'm all about simple these days.  And leftovers! This meal is both.  Took about 20 minutes prep time and you could eat it then or make it in the morning, like I did, to reheat later that evening for dinner.  I think mine looks a little funny, maybe cause I used the different colored noodles, but it has all my kid's favorites like the spiral pasta and peas and carrots. And it is good! Meat, veggies, pasta all in one dish.  Add some Italian or garlic bread and you have dinner! Oh, and did I mention it is a great meal on a budget?! Pasta and Ham Primavera Recipe 8 oz rotini 1 lb frozen vegetables (I used peas and carrots) 1 1/3 cup diced ham 2 cloves garlic 1 jar Alfredo sauce Cook pasta according to package, add frozen veggies during last 2 minutes.  Drain.  Cook ham and garlic 2-3 minutes.  Add sauce, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Bring to a boil, stir in pasta mixture, stirring until h...

More on March of Dimes

I am so excited about the March of Dimes walk next month! I love doing this because it makes me feel even closer to my daughter. It lets people know that she was someone that was here and they acknowledge her more. I just want everyone to realize and be aware of the things that can go wrong during pregnancy. For example, when I was pregnant with Darcy I never in a million years knew something like this could happen. That could be my own ignorance or lack of education, but I'm sure I'm not the only one unaware of a woman having a weak cervix. The night I went into the hospital before giving birth to Darcy I was in a lot of pain, but I never dreamed that I was in labor. I just thought I'd go in and get checked out and come home happy and still pregnant. The thought of coming home without my baby never crossed my mind. The March of Dimes gives mothers a chance to honor their babies that they have lost and let other know about them. I expect that day will be filled with many te...

I did something

A while back a coworker suggested to me that I give audiobooks a try.  I laughed under my breath and thought to myself "hard pass!".  I thought, "what's the point in LISTENING to a books? I want to READ books!".  That's what a book is!  A few weeks go by and she brings it up again, and this time sends me a sample.  While a lot of my coworkers have jumped on the audiobook bandwagon I just didn't see the point.  The way my attention span is I would end up having to listen to the same thing over and over to remember what I just heard in the first place, let alone comprehend the story.  Days went by and I finally gave in a listened to the audio sample.  While we don't exactly have the same taste in the book department, I had an idea.  What if I kept my entertaining books to the reading kind and gave motivational books a try in the audio world.  I downloaded the Libby app and searched my local library and found a book that I had been interest...