Skip to main content

Week 28

I'm 28 weeks along and seem to be doing great. My doctor still has me on bed rest, which I am bummed about. I would really like to go back to work. At this point I'm not sure if I will have a job to go back to, but my little growing girl is what is important to me. I can always get another job.

In a way the weeks have flown by. I have put so many weeks behind me as I look at what I have accomplished. Then I look to the weeks ahead and it still looks like a long road. I have 9 weeks until my cerclage comes out, but then break that down into months and that is still a little over two months! I am sure it will fly by though.

I went to the doctor today and he said everything looks great and I am doing great. The baby's heart rate was around 150 where it usually is. I return in 2 weeks for another check-up.

My shower is 3 weeks from Saturday! I am really getting excited! I escaped from the house a few weeks ago (shhhhhh) to buy a couple dresses for her on my birthday. Hey, I thought I deserved a little fresh air on my birthday, right?

We are such slackers on the baby room though. Chris has been tearing down wall paper and trying to clear out the room. We really don't have anything to put in it yet until the week of the shower, so I haven't been too stressed about it. We are waiting for the bedding to come in so we can pick out the color for the walls.

I was going through some pictures the other day and came across some pictures of Darcy. It's hard to look at them and think that this baby in my stomach as surpassed what she had to go through. In a way she gave her life so her little sister could have the chance to grow and the extra weeks Darcy would have needed to survive. If our new baby were to be born today she would more than likely survive. It's a huge relief to be at this stage. However, I hope she stays in there and flourishes to a healthy full term baby. I have faith in her that she will. She's a strong little fighter.

Comments

  1. many congrats on your HUGE successes!!! Every day is one more closer to your goal of a big fat healthy baby!! Hang in there momma! You Can and Will do this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easy does it

I'm all about simple these days.  And leftovers! This meal is both.  Took about 20 minutes prep time and you could eat it then or make it in the morning, like I did, to reheat later that evening for dinner.  I think mine looks a little funny, maybe cause I used the different colored noodles, but it has all my kid's favorites like the spiral pasta and peas and carrots. And it is good! Meat, veggies, pasta all in one dish.  Add some Italian or garlic bread and you have dinner! Oh, and did I mention it is a great meal on a budget?! Pasta and Ham Primavera Recipe 8 oz rotini 1 lb frozen vegetables (I used peas and carrots) 1 1/3 cup diced ham 2 cloves garlic 1 jar Alfredo sauce Cook pasta according to package, add frozen veggies during last 2 minutes.  Drain.  Cook ham and garlic 2-3 minutes.  Add sauce, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Bring to a boil, stir in pasta mixture, stirring until h...

I did something

A while back a coworker suggested to me that I give audiobooks a try.  I laughed under my breath and thought to myself "hard pass!".  I thought, "what's the point in LISTENING to a books? I want to READ books!".  That's what a book is!  A few weeks go by and she brings it up again, and this time sends me a sample.  While a lot of my coworkers have jumped on the audiobook bandwagon I just didn't see the point.  The way my attention span is I would end up having to listen to the same thing over and over to remember what I just heard in the first place, let alone comprehend the story.  Days went by and I finally gave in a listened to the audio sample.  While we don't exactly have the same taste in the book department, I had an idea.  What if I kept my entertaining books to the reading kind and gave motivational books a try in the audio world.  I downloaded the Libby app and searched my local library and found a book that I had been interest...

Hello September

I can't believe it's September! So close to Fall.  This time of year is one of my favorites.  Of course, Fall in South Texas is not the Fall I am used to being from the Midwest.  Football isn't the same if you're not freezing your buns off in the stands, holding a cup of hot cocoa just try stay warm.  It reminds me of marching band practice and the fall festival in my hometown.  Funnel cakes and potato gunfights. Freshly pulled taffy and the Ferris wheel that was always scary but the best view in town. And who can have the Fall without the beautiful changing leaves!  My goal this year is to make it up to North Texas where I hear the leaves do change colors. And call me crazy, but I think this will be the first year I really jump on the pumpkin spice train.  I like pumpkin but never really understood the whole craze around the pumpkin spice.  But I made me some pumpkin pancakes the other day and I was definitely craving more after they were go...