Skip to main content

TGIF

Thank goodness it is Friday! I was so happy when I woke up this morning and remembered that today is Friday. Payday at that! I don't know why payday excites me, as all the money goes to some sort of bill! But, I'm thankful that I can pay them. This weekend is exciting though because I can enjoy it without being sick! Plus I get to go to lunch with my dear friend who I love having lunch with because we can relate to a lot of the same things. Guess that is why we are friends!

As the week comes to a close I like to reflect on what has happened during last 5 days. It's crazy how so many ups and downs occur in such a small time frame. No major occurrences (thank goodness) but, one that make you stop and think where you are. This week I discovered that one of my co-workers in my department is expecting. I still don't know why I have the feelings that I do.I should be happy for the ones around me, but I still feel some sort of jealousy. I want so bad to feel excited and happy for them and I do...to an extent and then that awful feeling of jealousy creeps across me. I try to tell myself that it will be me again someday and that I should just be happy for what god had given me, but I just can't those feelings to go away. I guess in a way I feel left out or singled out. Then I get to come home to someone who knows what life in my shoes is like, my husband. I wonder if one day I will be free of these feelings.

Comments

  1. Yeah, it is hard to be excited for others when you are deep in grief for your baby. There is no reason to feel bad about it, it is the way you feel. I keep telling myself that I need to own these feelings because it is all part of the process of healing. I believe they do eventually go away with time-- as long as we work them out and don't repress them

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Here I am!

Hey everyone! It has been a long while since I have written anything at all. I think I say that each time? Things have gone on, but nothing really worth reporting or should I say nothing that calls for working out through writing to the blog world. The things that stand out on the top of my head begin with my therapist telling me that he is leaving it up to me if I want to continue coming back on a regular basis or not. That happened at the end of June. And I actually had a feeling that it was coming. So, I guess I am "healed" or close right? hah... From the beginning his, or should I say our goal, was to get me "back to the person I was, or as close to it as possible". So, I guess that is where I am today. The next best thing to my prior self. A mommy without a child. A woman that has been to the edge and back. But, I have survived and I am still here. I think that was the point the therapist was trying to make. The next thing is, the death of Michael Jackson, Now,...

Easy does it

I'm all about simple these days.  And leftovers! This meal is both.  Took about 20 minutes prep time and you could eat it then or make it in the morning, like I did, to reheat later that evening for dinner.  I think mine looks a little funny, maybe cause I used the different colored noodles, but it has all my kid's favorites like the spiral pasta and peas and carrots. And it is good! Meat, veggies, pasta all in one dish.  Add some Italian or garlic bread and you have dinner! Oh, and did I mention it is a great meal on a budget?! Pasta and Ham Primavera Recipe 8 oz rotini 1 lb frozen vegetables (I used peas and carrots) 1 1/3 cup diced ham 2 cloves garlic 1 jar Alfredo sauce Cook pasta according to package, add frozen veggies during last 2 minutes.  Drain.  Cook ham and garlic 2-3 minutes.  Add sauce, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Bring to a boil, stir in pasta mixture, stirring until h...

Long awaited appointment

So, I had my appointment with my OBGYN yesterday. It took an hour to see him and for him to tell me what they probably could have achieved over the phone...anyhow he wrote an order to check my progesterone level and some other things before he prescribes me something to help me ovulate. He says he is either going to give me metformin or Clomid. I was kind of expecting those drugs to come up sooner or later. I work at a hospital, so I got my blood work done ASAP and looked at the results today. One of the tests are not in, but my progesterone level was. It was very low. There is the culprit! So, my guess is he is going to put me on Clomid to get me ovulating since my body doesn't want to do it on it's own. He told me to call his office next Tuesday...hah if that last test comes in tomorrow you can bet your you know what that I am calling tomorrow! So, there is where I stand for right now. I hope this is as simple as he is making it sound and I can be happily pregnant soon.