Skip to main content

Easy does it


I'm all about simple these days.  And leftovers! This meal is both.  Took about 20 minutes prep time and you could eat it then or make it in the morning, like I did, to reheat later that evening for dinner.  I think mine looks a little funny, maybe cause I used the different colored noodles, but it has all my kid's favorites like the spiral pasta and peas and carrots. And it is good! Meat, veggies, pasta all in one dish.  Add some Italian or garlic bread and you have dinner! Oh, and did I mention it is a great meal on a budget?!

Pasta and Ham Primavera




Recipe
  • 8 oz rotini
  • 1 lb frozen vegetables (I used peas and carrots)
  • 1 1/3 cup diced ham
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 jar Alfredo sauce
Cook pasta according to package, add frozen veggies during last 2 minutes.  Drain.  Cook ham and garlic 2-3 minutes.  Add sauce, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Bring to a boil, stir in pasta mixture, stirring until heated through.

You could play around with this recipe and use different noodles and different vegetables,  I've seen people use just peas as the veggie, or linguine as the pasta.  I think even some snap peas or even some mushrooms might be good! The possibilities are endless! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two of a kind

Like my pregnancy with Darcy, I do not have any morning sickness. It's actually the opposite. If I don't eat, I get nauseated and I get a headache. I won't feel like eating, but I force myself to cause I know it will make me feel better. So, I just eat often to prevent that from happening! I do consider myself pretty lucky in that aspect. If it wasn't for the positive pregnancy test and all the appointments I'm going to I wouldn't know I was pregnant. Oh yeah, and the constant trips to the bathroom. How could I forget those? I'm craving sub sandwiches . Turkey and cheese subs with lettuce and mayo is what I'm usually asking for. Unfortunately, I am craving sweets. Halloween was a killer. I ate way too much candy! Darcy didn't like sweets. I never craved them with her. I so wish I could turn away sugar now. But, I've been able to control myself a little more...even though I just devoured fried ice cream from the Mexican restaurant in town. Bad m

Happy Easter Darcy

Oh, how I wish my daughter was here to celebrate this day with us. If you were here with us I would have picked out the most beautiful Easter dress for you and you would have looked perfect. We would have went to your grandparents' houses and you would have been smothered with love. I don't think I realized how hard this day is without you until I started writing this post. I would have bought you the softest stuffed bunny rabbit I could find to put in your crib. What I would do to have you in my arms again. But, you are celebrating Easter in the best place that one could celebrate Easter. We love you!

The container system

These little containers are beginning to become my friend.  Back in April when I really started getting into Beachbody programs and signed on with Beachbody on demand, (lifesaver, seriously programs galore!) I started the program 80 Day Obsession.  However, I did not do the meal plan.  I honestly didn't think I needed it.  At the time I was doing my own thing with food and thought if I work out hard enough I can just eat normal and the good would outweigh the bad...WRONG!  That may have worked 10 to 15 years ago, but not in my mid thirties.  The meal plan is a stricter version of the meal plan with 21 Day Fix.  I never did the meal plan with that one either, but that's how I understand it from what I've read and heard.  Some things that were allowed before are no longer allowed in 80 Day Obsession, like wine.  I was counting macros at the time I began 80 DO, which is essentially what this is but the containers control way more of the KIND of food you eat rather than w