Skip to main content

Pills...pills...more pills?!

As I mentioned a while back, I went to the OB/GYN doctor on the fourth of August. He ran some blood work to see my progesterone, FSH and LH levels.They all came back showing the classic signs of PCOS. But, I have a great doctor and he is determined to get me ovulating regularly. He says I obviously don't have a problem getting pregnant, since I've been there twice before, it's just my ovulation is out of whack. Yes, I said twice before. In February we found out that I was pregnant again, four days later I lost it. I was only five weeks along. We didn't tell our families just a few close friends. Anyway, after the test results came back my doctor started me on Metformin. I've heard of women with PCOS taking this because of insulin resistance and it helps them to regulate, but he told me that it would help decrease the risk of a miscarriage. So I started that on the eleventh. Aunt flow decided not to show up this month so he prescribed me Prometrium (progesterone hormone) to induce the monthly visitor. I started that on the thirteenth. I've been on this before to induce aunt flow so I could be put on birth control and let me tell you, you don't want to be around me, I get pretty..well...hormonal I guess you could say lol.Last, but not least is the Clomid! yay! I start the first round tomorrow, day five of my cycle. I take it through days five and nine. Than I get more blood work a week or so later to see if everything is working. So of course being the freak that I am I set out and have Googled for the good part of last night about success stories on Clomid and how many rounds it usually takes. I have read about women getting pregnant on round one, but the most promising so far is the third it looks like. But, I'm hoping since I don't have a problem getting pregnant that it will be the first round.Everyone keep your fingers crossed!

Comments

  1. Please email me if you have any questions. I'm no expert of course but have a few funny stories. Just an offer to chat if needed...heatherbowe@gmail.com

    Thanks for keeping up with my blog all this time. I think of you often after reading your story (I read it long ago and have - sort of creepily I suppose - checked in on you to see how you were.) Sometimes there's just nothing to say that will mend things if you ask me. Anyhow, I am wishing you the very best, most successful happy and beautiful pregnancy you could dream of!

    xo, best wishes, Heather

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Here I am!

Hey everyone! It has been a long while since I have written anything at all. I think I say that each time? Things have gone on, but nothing really worth reporting or should I say nothing that calls for working out through writing to the blog world. The things that stand out on the top of my head begin with my therapist telling me that he is leaving it up to me if I want to continue coming back on a regular basis or not. That happened at the end of June. And I actually had a feeling that it was coming. So, I guess I am "healed" or close right? hah... From the beginning his, or should I say our goal, was to get me "back to the person I was, or as close to it as possible". So, I guess that is where I am today. The next best thing to my prior self. A mommy without a child. A woman that has been to the edge and back. But, I have survived and I am still here. I think that was the point the therapist was trying to make. The next thing is, the death of Michael Jackson, Now,...

Easy does it

I'm all about simple these days.  And leftovers! This meal is both.  Took about 20 minutes prep time and you could eat it then or make it in the morning, like I did, to reheat later that evening for dinner.  I think mine looks a little funny, maybe cause I used the different colored noodles, but it has all my kid's favorites like the spiral pasta and peas and carrots. And it is good! Meat, veggies, pasta all in one dish.  Add some Italian or garlic bread and you have dinner! Oh, and did I mention it is a great meal on a budget?! Pasta and Ham Primavera Recipe 8 oz rotini 1 lb frozen vegetables (I used peas and carrots) 1 1/3 cup diced ham 2 cloves garlic 1 jar Alfredo sauce Cook pasta according to package, add frozen veggies during last 2 minutes.  Drain.  Cook ham and garlic 2-3 minutes.  Add sauce, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Bring to a boil, stir in pasta mixture, stirring until h...

Long awaited appointment

So, I had my appointment with my OBGYN yesterday. It took an hour to see him and for him to tell me what they probably could have achieved over the phone...anyhow he wrote an order to check my progesterone level and some other things before he prescribes me something to help me ovulate. He says he is either going to give me metformin or Clomid. I was kind of expecting those drugs to come up sooner or later. I work at a hospital, so I got my blood work done ASAP and looked at the results today. One of the tests are not in, but my progesterone level was. It was very low. There is the culprit! So, my guess is he is going to put me on Clomid to get me ovulating since my body doesn't want to do it on it's own. He told me to call his office next Tuesday...hah if that last test comes in tomorrow you can bet your you know what that I am calling tomorrow! So, there is where I stand for right now. I hope this is as simple as he is making it sound and I can be happily pregnant soon.