Skip to main content

Recommended sleep time for a pregnant woman is???

So, I fell asleep at my desk at work today. I was so stinking tired after lunch that I just thought I would lay my head down for a few minutes and close my eyes for just a second and I just kept nodding off! Thank goodness everyone knows I'm pregnant or they would think I needed more sleep. I went to bed at 9 o'clock last night!

There should be some kind of rule enforced about nap time after lunch, especially for pregnant women. Like kindergarten...when you refused to sleep! Now, I would give up an hour of pay to have that back!

I also sneaked down to the radiology department early this morning to have one of the techs peek at my little baby. I work at a hospital and they all know what I've been through, so the girl that was down there didn't hesitate when I asked. Even though I just had an ultrasound on Tuesday. Anyway, baby was there and bouncing around with a strong heartbeat at 183! I'm going to keep my freak outs to a minimum and try not to bug them too much!

I really should be in bed now, but I'm working on being a better blogger.  But, I'm headed there now! Night!

Comments

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I'm so so excited for you!! I just got up to date on your blog news - how wonderful! Will be thinking of you - sending happy thoughts and wishing for you and yours an uneventful and fabulous pregnancy!

    xo,
    Heather (from LeBlanc triplets)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easy does it

I'm all about simple these days.  And leftovers! This meal is both.  Took about 20 minutes prep time and you could eat it then or make it in the morning, like I did, to reheat later that evening for dinner.  I think mine looks a little funny, maybe cause I used the different colored noodles, but it has all my kid's favorites like the spiral pasta and peas and carrots. And it is good! Meat, veggies, pasta all in one dish.  Add some Italian or garlic bread and you have dinner! Oh, and did I mention it is a great meal on a budget?! Pasta and Ham Primavera Recipe 8 oz rotini 1 lb frozen vegetables (I used peas and carrots) 1 1/3 cup diced ham 2 cloves garlic 1 jar Alfredo sauce Cook pasta according to package, add frozen veggies during last 2 minutes.  Drain.  Cook ham and garlic 2-3 minutes.  Add sauce, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Bring to a boil, stir in pasta mixture, stirring until h...

More on March of Dimes

I am so excited about the March of Dimes walk next month! I love doing this because it makes me feel even closer to my daughter. It lets people know that she was someone that was here and they acknowledge her more. I just want everyone to realize and be aware of the things that can go wrong during pregnancy. For example, when I was pregnant with Darcy I never in a million years knew something like this could happen. That could be my own ignorance or lack of education, but I'm sure I'm not the only one unaware of a woman having a weak cervix. The night I went into the hospital before giving birth to Darcy I was in a lot of pain, but I never dreamed that I was in labor. I just thought I'd go in and get checked out and come home happy and still pregnant. The thought of coming home without my baby never crossed my mind. The March of Dimes gives mothers a chance to honor their babies that they have lost and let other know about them. I expect that day will be filled with many te...

I did something

A while back a coworker suggested to me that I give audiobooks a try.  I laughed under my breath and thought to myself "hard pass!".  I thought, "what's the point in LISTENING to a books? I want to READ books!".  That's what a book is!  A few weeks go by and she brings it up again, and this time sends me a sample.  While a lot of my coworkers have jumped on the audiobook bandwagon I just didn't see the point.  The way my attention span is I would end up having to listen to the same thing over and over to remember what I just heard in the first place, let alone comprehend the story.  Days went by and I finally gave in a listened to the audio sample.  While we don't exactly have the same taste in the book department, I had an idea.  What if I kept my entertaining books to the reading kind and gave motivational books a try in the audio world.  I downloaded the Libby app and searched my local library and found a book that I had been interest...