Skip to main content

Thanksgiving weekend

I hope everybody had a safe and happy holiday! I can't believe my four day weekend is almost over! But, I've had a great time off.

Thanksgiving we spent at my parent's house with a couple of my aunts. We had chili and spent the afternoon talking. Then that evening Chris and I made an awesome dinner and had two of our very good friends over. Since my Mom decided to just make chili that day, since her side of the family got together later on in the weekend, I just had to make a traditional Thanksgiving dinner! Especially since I can indulge this year without too much guilt. It was a great holiday spent with family and friends.

I didn't join in on the black Friday madness. I just don't do that sort of thing. Saturdays at the grocery store stresses me out. We did however go out later that afternoon when it was much calmer.

Today was my side of the family's big get together. It was a very nice time and great food, again! But, it was hard to go through another holiday without our daughter. A lot of the time I just stop and think what it would be like for her to be here with us. How different it would be. Then again, this little baby growing inside me wouldn't be here if she was. It's just so hard. It's hard to wrap my head around sometimes. I have to shake all the thoughts away and just be in the moment.

I am really not ready to go back to work, but then again I am ready to get this week over with. December 8th is our next appointment and I am ready to see how our little baby is doing in there. I'm nervous to be honest. I'm just waiting for the bad news to drop. I know I can't be like that, but it's hard not to when you have had all your dreams shattered.

I am thankful that we got to meet our daughter for the very short time she was with us.
I am thankful for the new chance, the new life that I am also looking forward to meeting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy does it

I'm all about simple these days.  And leftovers! This meal is both.  Took about 20 minutes prep time and you could eat it then or make it in the morning, like I did, to reheat later that evening for dinner.  I think mine looks a little funny, maybe cause I used the different colored noodles, but it has all my kid's favorites like the spiral pasta and peas and carrots. And it is good! Meat, veggies, pasta all in one dish.  Add some Italian or garlic bread and you have dinner! Oh, and did I mention it is a great meal on a budget?! Pasta and Ham Primavera Recipe 8 oz rotini 1 lb frozen vegetables (I used peas and carrots) 1 1/3 cup diced ham 2 cloves garlic 1 jar Alfredo sauce Cook pasta according to package, add frozen veggies during last 2 minutes.  Drain.  Cook ham and garlic 2-3 minutes.  Add sauce, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Bring to a boil, stir in pasta mixture, stirring until h...

Here I am!

Hey everyone! It has been a long while since I have written anything at all. I think I say that each time? Things have gone on, but nothing really worth reporting or should I say nothing that calls for working out through writing to the blog world. The things that stand out on the top of my head begin with my therapist telling me that he is leaving it up to me if I want to continue coming back on a regular basis or not. That happened at the end of June. And I actually had a feeling that it was coming. So, I guess I am "healed" or close right? hah... From the beginning his, or should I say our goal, was to get me "back to the person I was, or as close to it as possible". So, I guess that is where I am today. The next best thing to my prior self. A mommy without a child. A woman that has been to the edge and back. But, I have survived and I am still here. I think that was the point the therapist was trying to make. The next thing is, the death of Michael Jackson, Now,...

Long awaited appointment

So, I had my appointment with my OBGYN yesterday. It took an hour to see him and for him to tell me what they probably could have achieved over the phone...anyhow he wrote an order to check my progesterone level and some other things before he prescribes me something to help me ovulate. He says he is either going to give me metformin or Clomid. I was kind of expecting those drugs to come up sooner or later. I work at a hospital, so I got my blood work done ASAP and looked at the results today. One of the tests are not in, but my progesterone level was. It was very low. There is the culprit! So, my guess is he is going to put me on Clomid to get me ovulating since my body doesn't want to do it on it's own. He told me to call his office next Tuesday...hah if that last test comes in tomorrow you can bet your you know what that I am calling tomorrow! So, there is where I stand for right now. I hope this is as simple as he is making it sound and I can be happily pregnant soon.