Skip to main content

Preperation


We all know what tomorrow is and we all know what is to come.  Sure, time with our family, but if you are cooking the meal you are probably thinking of all the time in the kitchen you are going to spend, the dishes, the "how in the WORLD am I going to prepare all this with one measly oven?".

If you are like me, you like to prepare a little a head of time and make what you can the night before so you can just pop in in the oven to cook.  And you can tackle those dishes a little early so they don't overrun your kitchen as they would if you were preparing everything all at once.   I also like to have a little snack for people to munch on while they are waiting for the main dishes. Kind of like a warm up for the tummy.  This year it's just me and hubby and our little girl, but I thought since there is a long weekend coming up and my husband is going to be here SO MUCH (come on, you know I love him) I figured, why not make something that we can have on hand for breakfast in the morning and we can heat up easy over the next few days?  So, I snatched these little muffins off Pinterest and voila! And they are oh so good!  Of course I had to try one before packing them up for the morning. They would make a great brunch item, which I plan to make another batch to take to the brunch I conveniently have on Monday!


RECIPE

  • 1 lb. hot ground pork sausage
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 3 cups all-purpose baking mix
  • 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 3/4 cup buttermilk (water or milk will work too)


Cook sausage and onion in a large skillet over medium to med-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and no longer pink. Drain and cool. 

Preheat oven to 375. Combine sausage, baking mix, and shredded cheese in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Stir together the soup and buttermilk; add to sausage mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon until lightly greased mini muffin tins, filling to tops of cups. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 month have gone by...

Four months ago I lost my baby girl. That’s what has been on my mind all day today. If all had went the way a pregnancy is suppose to go, she would have been born this month. But, I can’t keep thinking of all of that. The days, weeks, and now months are marching on and I must too. Of course that doesn’t mean forgetting or pushing it away, but to not dwell on the “what if I did this” or “what if this had happened” or “if I just had been here”. I can’t change what happened. So, to start looking forward and honoring my daughter, I’ve thought about the up and coming March of Dimes in my area. My friend, just yesterday, invited me to join her hospital’s team. I thought that was an excellent idea and I am planning on joining her and her teammates. I would like to honor my daughter in other ways too. If anyone has any unique ideas, please feel free to share them with me. I recently took a huge step forward. It may not seem like one to others, but to me it’s a huge advance. A little back story

More on March of Dimes

I am so excited about the March of Dimes walk next month! I love doing this because it makes me feel even closer to my daughter. It lets people know that she was someone that was here and they acknowledge her more. I just want everyone to realize and be aware of the things that can go wrong during pregnancy. For example, when I was pregnant with Darcy I never in a million years knew something like this could happen. That could be my own ignorance or lack of education, but I'm sure I'm not the only one unaware of a woman having a weak cervix. The night I went into the hospital before giving birth to Darcy I was in a lot of pain, but I never dreamed that I was in labor. I just thought I'd go in and get checked out and come home happy and still pregnant. The thought of coming home without my baby never crossed my mind. The March of Dimes gives mothers a chance to honor their babies that they have lost and let other know about them. I expect that day will be filled with many te

The container system

These little containers are beginning to become my friend.  Back in April when I really started getting into Beachbody programs and signed on with Beachbody on demand, (lifesaver, seriously programs galore!) I started the program 80 Day Obsession.  However, I did not do the meal plan.  I honestly didn't think I needed it.  At the time I was doing my own thing with food and thought if I work out hard enough I can just eat normal and the good would outweigh the bad...WRONG!  That may have worked 10 to 15 years ago, but not in my mid thirties.  The meal plan is a stricter version of the meal plan with 21 Day Fix.  I never did the meal plan with that one either, but that's how I understand it from what I've read and heard.  Some things that were allowed before are no longer allowed in 80 Day Obsession, like wine.  I was counting macros at the time I began 80 DO, which is essentially what this is but the containers control way more of the KIND of food you eat rather than w