Skip to main content

Preperation


We all know what tomorrow is and we all know what is to come.  Sure, time with our family, but if you are cooking the meal you are probably thinking of all the time in the kitchen you are going to spend, the dishes, the "how in the WORLD am I going to prepare all this with one measly oven?".

If you are like me, you like to prepare a little a head of time and make what you can the night before so you can just pop in in the oven to cook.  And you can tackle those dishes a little early so they don't overrun your kitchen as they would if you were preparing everything all at once.   I also like to have a little snack for people to munch on while they are waiting for the main dishes. Kind of like a warm up for the tummy.  This year it's just me and hubby and our little girl, but I thought since there is a long weekend coming up and my husband is going to be here SO MUCH (come on, you know I love him) I figured, why not make something that we can have on hand for breakfast in the morning and we can heat up easy over the next few days?  So, I snatched these little muffins off Pinterest and voila! And they are oh so good!  Of course I had to try one before packing them up for the morning. They would make a great brunch item, which I plan to make another batch to take to the brunch I conveniently have on Monday!


RECIPE

  • 1 lb. hot ground pork sausage
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 3 cups all-purpose baking mix
  • 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 3/4 cup buttermilk (water or milk will work too)


Cook sausage and onion in a large skillet over medium to med-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and no longer pink. Drain and cool. 

Preheat oven to 375. Combine sausage, baking mix, and shredded cheese in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Stir together the soup and buttermilk; add to sausage mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon until lightly greased mini muffin tins, filling to tops of cups. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy does it

I'm all about simple these days.  And leftovers! This meal is both.  Took about 20 minutes prep time and you could eat it then or make it in the morning, like I did, to reheat later that evening for dinner.  I think mine looks a little funny, maybe cause I used the different colored noodles, but it has all my kid's favorites like the spiral pasta and peas and carrots. And it is good! Meat, veggies, pasta all in one dish.  Add some Italian or garlic bread and you have dinner! Oh, and did I mention it is a great meal on a budget?! Pasta and Ham Primavera Recipe 8 oz rotini 1 lb frozen vegetables (I used peas and carrots) 1 1/3 cup diced ham 2 cloves garlic 1 jar Alfredo sauce Cook pasta according to package, add frozen veggies during last 2 minutes.  Drain.  Cook ham and garlic 2-3 minutes.  Add sauce, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Bring to a boil, stir in pasta mixture, stirring until h...

Anxiety

Two weeks from today I will be on the other side of my open heart surgery. I have moments of great excitement for the time to be here and then moments of shear fear of what could go wrong. I guess this is all normal for anyone facing a major surgery. I made the surgery date in early July and it feels like time is just moving at a snail's pace. I am looking forward to feeling better and being able to do things that I couldn't endure before. Maybe I'll be able to run? Maybe I'll be able to sit on the floor with my daughter without my legs falling asleep almost immediately. Maybe climbing a hill won't be so difficult and I won't have to stop every 10 feet to catch my breath. I keep telling myself if 18-month-old me can do it, 30-year-old me can do it.

I did something

A while back a coworker suggested to me that I give audiobooks a try.  I laughed under my breath and thought to myself "hard pass!".  I thought, "what's the point in LISTENING to a books? I want to READ books!".  That's what a book is!  A few weeks go by and she brings it up again, and this time sends me a sample.  While a lot of my coworkers have jumped on the audiobook bandwagon I just didn't see the point.  The way my attention span is I would end up having to listen to the same thing over and over to remember what I just heard in the first place, let alone comprehend the story.  Days went by and I finally gave in a listened to the audio sample.  While we don't exactly have the same taste in the book department, I had an idea.  What if I kept my entertaining books to the reading kind and gave motivational books a try in the audio world.  I downloaded the Libby app and searched my local library and found a book that I had been interest...