Skip to main content

Faith and speculation

I am so glad the weekend is over with! It was a bad one. Chris, my husband, lost his grandmother over the weekend. We were all very close to her and it was very sudden and unexpected. We just saw her last weekend and I think it hasn't truly became a reality yet. She was a wonderful woman and will greatly be missed.

It's so amazing how things can change in the matter of minutes. I know most of you have experienced this in many different ways. Some, unfortunately more tragically than others. It's just a reminder that we are not in control of the big picture. When I was a very young girl I remember attending church. Really, attending Sunday school. Which, mostly consisted of arts and crafts with a little lesson to go along with it. Before I was old enough to think for myself and really understand what the Bible was all about, we stopped going to church. I have always believed in God and the Bible, but I've never studied it all. I always just called myself a believer. When my daughter was born and then passed, I was lost. I didn't know what to do. Somehow I stumbled upon somebody's blog about losing their child. After that it became kind of an addiction. I soon found myself looking for stories just like mine or similar to mine. At one point I thought "what is wrong with me?". Why would I want to read somebody's sorrow, someone's loss? But, then I realized that person understood what I was going through, that I can related, that I'm not alone! And it felt good. As odd as that may sound, it did. It felt good that others knew me on a certain level that people I see and interact with every day, even my best friend didn't fully understand. I felt normal and the feelings I had were normal. Some of the blogs I read really talked about their faith. And it comforted me. I have more faith than I have had before. No, I do not attend church. No, I do not read the bible. But, I am closer to taking those steps.

Praying is also something that I have taken to lately. Praying for the mothers and families that have gone through a difficult time in their life and may still be struggling to cope a loss. Or new mothers that are just starting on their journey. One story especially tugged on my heart. I don't know if anyone has kept up with the story on Little April Rose these past couple of months, but I have. It's a story about a mother that chose not to terminate her pregnancy even though her little one was diagnosed with Trisomy 13 and Holoprosencephaly and was given a very grim prognosis. There has been speculation that this was a scam and I never doubted this young, single mom for one moment until this morning. This morning was the first time I've had a chance to log on and get caught up with everyone. I learned that this little one was born over the weekend and went to read up on it. But, to my surprise her blog had been taken down. I searched around and kept finding other bloggers who had posted their speculations as well. This really hurts me because I believed her the whole time and left her upbeat comments and prayed for her and her little girl. I can't fathom somebody doing this. It's really sad. Does anyone know the truth?

Comments

  1. I have been thinking about you. I'm so sorry for the passing of Grandmother. I hope you and your husband are doing as well as can be expected. Big hugs to the both of you.

    I just heard about the April Rose story from a blogger friend of mine. It sounds odd what is going on. I don't know the story, but this blog is lunching her own investigation http://gibsontwins.blogspot.com/.

    PS Thank you for all you positive comments and support.

    Peace & love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

11 week bump

It's a little blurry and I kind of posted it late since I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow. And that's not an outtie already!!! It's my shirt I promise!

Long awaited appointment

So, I had my appointment with my OBGYN yesterday. It took an hour to see him and for him to tell me what they probably could have achieved over the phone...anyhow he wrote an order to check my progesterone level and some other things before he prescribes me something to help me ovulate. He says he is either going to give me metformin or Clomid. I was kind of expecting those drugs to come up sooner or later. I work at a hospital, so I got my blood work done ASAP and looked at the results today. One of the tests are not in, but my progesterone level was. It was very low. There is the culprit! So, my guess is he is going to put me on Clomid to get me ovulating since my body doesn't want to do it on it's own. He told me to call his office next Tuesday...hah if that last test comes in tomorrow you can bet your you know what that I am calling tomorrow! So, there is where I stand for right now. I hope this is as simple as he is making it sound and I can be happily pregnant soon.

Here I am!

Hey everyone! It has been a long while since I have written anything at all. I think I say that each time? Things have gone on, but nothing really worth reporting or should I say nothing that calls for working out through writing to the blog world. The things that stand out on the top of my head begin with my therapist telling me that he is leaving it up to me if I want to continue coming back on a regular basis or not. That happened at the end of June. And I actually had a feeling that it was coming. So, I guess I am "healed" or close right? hah... From the beginning his, or should I say our goal, was to get me "back to the person I was, or as close to it as possible". So, I guess that is where I am today. The next best thing to my prior self. A mommy without a child. A woman that has been to the edge and back. But, I have survived and I am still here. I think that was the point the therapist was trying to make. The next thing is, the death of Michael Jackson, Now,...