I am so excited about the March of Dimes walk next month! I love doing this because it makes me feel even closer to my daughter. It lets people know that she was someone that was here and they acknowledge her more. I just want everyone to realize and be aware of the things that can go wrong during pregnancy. For example, when I was pregnant with Darcy I never in a million years knew something like this could happen. That could be my own ignorance or lack of education, but I'm sure I'm not the only one unaware of a woman having a weak cervix. The night I went into the hospital before giving birth to Darcy I was in a lot of pain, but I never dreamed that I was in labor. I just thought I'd go in and get checked out and come home happy and still pregnant. The thought of coming home without my baby never crossed my mind. The March of Dimes gives mothers a chance to honor their babies that they have lost and let other know about them. I expect that day will be filled with many tears. Luckily my husband will be there with me and my dear friend that I have made through this trying time. She too lost her daughter the same way and just within a week of us loosing Darcy. Without our friendship this journey would have been more painful and much harder. Darcy has changed my life in so many ways. It's hard to think such a tiny being that was here for just a short time could have such and large impact on her family's life that still continues even to this day. I am sure it will continue for the rest of our lives.
I'm all about simple these days. And leftovers! This meal is both. Took about 20 minutes prep time and you could eat it then or make it in the morning, like I did, to reheat later that evening for dinner. I think mine looks a little funny, maybe cause I used the different colored noodles, but it has all my kid's favorites like the spiral pasta and peas and carrots. And it is good! Meat, veggies, pasta all in one dish. Add some Italian or garlic bread and you have dinner! Oh, and did I mention it is a great meal on a budget?! Pasta and Ham Primavera Recipe 8 oz rotini 1 lb frozen vegetables (I used peas and carrots) 1 1/3 cup diced ham 2 cloves garlic 1 jar Alfredo sauce Cook pasta according to package, add frozen veggies during last 2 minutes. Drain. Cook ham and garlic 2-3 minutes. Add sauce, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp pepper. Bring to a boil, stir in pasta mixture, stirring until h...
Thinking of you and hoping the walk is a positive day for you.
ReplyDelete