Skip to main content

Unexpected trip to the doctor

  Tuesday I woke up to a lovely visitor named spotting. ugh what the heck? I really wasn't too worried. I have a cerclage in, stuff like this isn't supposed to happen, right? So, I argued with myself until about 10:30 on if I should call the doctor or not.

The thing that convinced me was this is how it started with Darcy. I spotted the week before I went into full blown labor. Here we are, a week before I hit that date and look what happened. So, I called.

He had me come in that afternoon to check things out even though he thought it was nothing. So, about 2:30 my husband and I found ourselves at the doctors office. We love our OB. He delivered Darcy and knows what we have been through. He is so sincere and wants the best outcome for us. You can tell he really loves what he does and cares about his patients.

He said he sees nothing wrong with my cervix or any signs of bleeding or labor starting. Since it's a critical time in my pregnancy (week 21, I went into labor with Darcy at 21w5d) he wants me to stay off of my feet until I see the specialist February 3rd. Not too bad, only a week. He will then decide if I need to stay on bed rest or if I can go back to work an all that jazz.

Chris is being really great about this all. I have a little bed on the couch equipped with all necessary needs to get me through the day. It helps that Chris works from home and is here a good part of the day when he is not on a call.

I must confess, there is only so much daytime T.V. one can take. I resort to reading a book when the T.V. I finished "Here's the Deal, Don't Touch Me" by Howie Mandel.

A good book. I recommend it. Funny and interesting. I actually couldn't put it down and read it very fast.

The book I am working on now is "Behind the Bell" by Dustin Diamond.

 I will have to finish this one all the way before I tear into it. I have about another 50 pages to go.

I apologize for the quality of the pictures, I couldn't find any that were that great.

I am determined to get through this week. My little girl has been more than happy to let me know she is okay. She's been kicking around a lot, giving me reassurance. Right now, I know she is safe and sound in there.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy does it

I'm all about simple these days.  And leftovers! This meal is both.  Took about 20 minutes prep time and you could eat it then or make it in the morning, like I did, to reheat later that evening for dinner.  I think mine looks a little funny, maybe cause I used the different colored noodles, but it has all my kid's favorites like the spiral pasta and peas and carrots. And it is good! Meat, veggies, pasta all in one dish.  Add some Italian or garlic bread and you have dinner! Oh, and did I mention it is a great meal on a budget?! Pasta and Ham Primavera Recipe 8 oz rotini 1 lb frozen vegetables (I used peas and carrots) 1 1/3 cup diced ham 2 cloves garlic 1 jar Alfredo sauce Cook pasta according to package, add frozen veggies during last 2 minutes.  Drain.  Cook ham and garlic 2-3 minutes.  Add sauce, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Bring to a boil, stir in pasta mixture, stirring until h...

Anxiety

Two weeks from today I will be on the other side of my open heart surgery. I have moments of great excitement for the time to be here and then moments of shear fear of what could go wrong. I guess this is all normal for anyone facing a major surgery. I made the surgery date in early July and it feels like time is just moving at a snail's pace. I am looking forward to feeling better and being able to do things that I couldn't endure before. Maybe I'll be able to run? Maybe I'll be able to sit on the floor with my daughter without my legs falling asleep almost immediately. Maybe climbing a hill won't be so difficult and I won't have to stop every 10 feet to catch my breath. I keep telling myself if 18-month-old me can do it, 30-year-old me can do it.

I did something

A while back a coworker suggested to me that I give audiobooks a try.  I laughed under my breath and thought to myself "hard pass!".  I thought, "what's the point in LISTENING to a books? I want to READ books!".  That's what a book is!  A few weeks go by and she brings it up again, and this time sends me a sample.  While a lot of my coworkers have jumped on the audiobook bandwagon I just didn't see the point.  The way my attention span is I would end up having to listen to the same thing over and over to remember what I just heard in the first place, let alone comprehend the story.  Days went by and I finally gave in a listened to the audio sample.  While we don't exactly have the same taste in the book department, I had an idea.  What if I kept my entertaining books to the reading kind and gave motivational books a try in the audio world.  I downloaded the Libby app and searched my local library and found a book that I had been interest...