Skip to main content

Here I am!

Hey everyone! It has been a long while since I have written anything at all. I think I say that each time? Things have gone on, but nothing really worth reporting or should I say nothing that calls for working out through writing to the blog world. The things that stand out on the top of my head begin with my therapist telling me that he is leaving it up to me if I want to continue coming back on a regular basis or not. That happened at the end of June. And I actually had a feeling that it was coming. So, I guess I am "healed" or close right? hah... From the beginning his, or should I say our goal, was to get me "back to the person I was, or as close to it as possible". So, I guess that is where I am today. The next best thing to my prior self. A mommy without a child. A woman that has been to the edge and back. But, I have survived and I am still here. I think that was the point the therapist was trying to make.

The next thing is, the death of Michael Jackson, Now, I am not going to go into great detail about this because that would just bring up a lot of controversy and I am not one who is good with opinions flying about. I will just say that he was an extraordinary entertainer that left this world too soon and will greatly be missed.

And to bring us up to the present, my husband just returned from Florida. YAY! His father, brother and himself for the past three years have traveled to Florida to partake in deep sea fishing. He is gone for four or five days and I get absolutely no sleep! I cannot sleep in an empty house. Call me chicken, but it's true. Plus I missed him a great deal, so I am glad he is home. And we are up to out eyeballs in fish.

Now here is the reason for this catching up entry. Before I was pregnant with our daughter Darcy, I always believed that having a child wasn't going to be easy. Not the child part, the pregnancy part. When I was in high school I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries. I never, ever was regular and I truly believed I would need medical intervention for me to even get pregnant. When I meet my now husband, many years later we had discussed it and decided we would cross that bridge when we came to it. Well obviously I didn't need any help because two months after the wedding we had our little miracle growing inside of me. I say miracle because me getting pregnant was then much unreal to me. So, after Darcy passed away we wanted more than anything to have that joy again. Not that we were looking to replace her, but if you have been through this you understand my feelings. At my 6 week follow-up with my OBGYN the question knowingly came up "Do you and your husband plan on trying again?". I said yes and he gave us the green light. Then he said if in a few months I do not have any success in getting pregnant call the office and he can give me something that he is "pretty certain" I will conceive on. After 7 months of negatives. 7 months of waiting. 7 months of disappointments I finally called. I called and made an appointment for an agonizing month later. Ugh! Well, I waited this long right? So, on August 4th I will see just what this "pretty certain" thing is. I am trying not to get my hopes up, because nothing in my life has proven to be "certain". I will keep positive though and hopefully in a few months I will be telling you all about a new little life. A little brother or sister for Darcy Jayne.

Comments

  1. Welcome back!

    Let us know what this "pretty certain" thing is???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easy does it

I'm all about simple these days.  And leftovers! This meal is both.  Took about 20 minutes prep time and you could eat it then or make it in the morning, like I did, to reheat later that evening for dinner.  I think mine looks a little funny, maybe cause I used the different colored noodles, but it has all my kid's favorites like the spiral pasta and peas and carrots. And it is good! Meat, veggies, pasta all in one dish.  Add some Italian or garlic bread and you have dinner! Oh, and did I mention it is a great meal on a budget?! Pasta and Ham Primavera Recipe 8 oz rotini 1 lb frozen vegetables (I used peas and carrots) 1 1/3 cup diced ham 2 cloves garlic 1 jar Alfredo sauce Cook pasta according to package, add frozen veggies during last 2 minutes.  Drain.  Cook ham and garlic 2-3 minutes.  Add sauce, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Bring to a boil, stir in pasta mixture, stirring until h...

I did something

A while back a coworker suggested to me that I give audiobooks a try.  I laughed under my breath and thought to myself "hard pass!".  I thought, "what's the point in LISTENING to a books? I want to READ books!".  That's what a book is!  A few weeks go by and she brings it up again, and this time sends me a sample.  While a lot of my coworkers have jumped on the audiobook bandwagon I just didn't see the point.  The way my attention span is I would end up having to listen to the same thing over and over to remember what I just heard in the first place, let alone comprehend the story.  Days went by and I finally gave in a listened to the audio sample.  While we don't exactly have the same taste in the book department, I had an idea.  What if I kept my entertaining books to the reading kind and gave motivational books a try in the audio world.  I downloaded the Libby app and searched my local library and found a book that I had been interest...

Anxiety

Two weeks from today I will be on the other side of my open heart surgery. I have moments of great excitement for the time to be here and then moments of shear fear of what could go wrong. I guess this is all normal for anyone facing a major surgery. I made the surgery date in early July and it feels like time is just moving at a snail's pace. I am looking forward to feeling better and being able to do things that I couldn't endure before. Maybe I'll be able to run? Maybe I'll be able to sit on the floor with my daughter without my legs falling asleep almost immediately. Maybe climbing a hill won't be so difficult and I won't have to stop every 10 feet to catch my breath. I keep telling myself if 18-month-old me can do it, 30-year-old me can do it.