Skip to main content

Eight hours

Here I sit 8 hours before my open heart surgery. I've waited to write another post since I've been having multiple emotions over the past week or so. I've cycled through fear, excitement, hope, uneasiness, and anxiousness, just to name a few. I've even wanted to call all my doctors and tell them I've changed my mind, I can't go through with it. Then I remind myself that this has to be done, I'll have to go through it at some point in my life, might as well be now when I am healthy and strong.

I expected to be a mess today. Even though I feel like I've gone through today with a deer in the headlights look, I am pretty content, at ease. Elliot only spent about an hour and a half at daycare today while I did my pre-op testing. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with her since she won't get to see me while I'm in the ICU. I've talked to her as much as I can about mommy staying in the hospital. I've tried to get her excited about different family members coming in town over the next week and she's handled the information pretty well. She's been playing doctor a lot, using me as the patient, so when I come home I know I'll have an excellent caregiver.

I don't know really what to expect. I'm just so ready to get it over with. Ready to start healing. Ready to get things back to normal as soon as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy does it

I'm all about simple these days.  And leftovers! This meal is both.  Took about 20 minutes prep time and you could eat it then or make it in the morning, like I did, to reheat later that evening for dinner.  I think mine looks a little funny, maybe cause I used the different colored noodles, but it has all my kid's favorites like the spiral pasta and peas and carrots. And it is good! Meat, veggies, pasta all in one dish.  Add some Italian or garlic bread and you have dinner! Oh, and did I mention it is a great meal on a budget?! Pasta and Ham Primavera Recipe 8 oz rotini 1 lb frozen vegetables (I used peas and carrots) 1 1/3 cup diced ham 2 cloves garlic 1 jar Alfredo sauce Cook pasta according to package, add frozen veggies during last 2 minutes.  Drain.  Cook ham and garlic 2-3 minutes.  Add sauce, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Bring to a boil, stir in pasta mixture, stirring until h...

I did something

A while back a coworker suggested to me that I give audiobooks a try.  I laughed under my breath and thought to myself "hard pass!".  I thought, "what's the point in LISTENING to a books? I want to READ books!".  That's what a book is!  A few weeks go by and she brings it up again, and this time sends me a sample.  While a lot of my coworkers have jumped on the audiobook bandwagon I just didn't see the point.  The way my attention span is I would end up having to listen to the same thing over and over to remember what I just heard in the first place, let alone comprehend the story.  Days went by and I finally gave in a listened to the audio sample.  While we don't exactly have the same taste in the book department, I had an idea.  What if I kept my entertaining books to the reading kind and gave motivational books a try in the audio world.  I downloaded the Libby app and searched my local library and found a book that I had been interest...

Hello September

I can't believe it's September! So close to Fall.  This time of year is one of my favorites.  Of course, Fall in South Texas is not the Fall I am used to being from the Midwest.  Football isn't the same if you're not freezing your buns off in the stands, holding a cup of hot cocoa just try stay warm.  It reminds me of marching band practice and the fall festival in my hometown.  Funnel cakes and potato gunfights. Freshly pulled taffy and the Ferris wheel that was always scary but the best view in town. And who can have the Fall without the beautiful changing leaves!  My goal this year is to make it up to North Texas where I hear the leaves do change colors. And call me crazy, but I think this will be the first year I really jump on the pumpkin spice train.  I like pumpkin but never really understood the whole craze around the pumpkin spice.  But I made me some pumpkin pancakes the other day and I was definitely craving more after they were go...