Skip to main content

The Shake

When I signed up to be a coach I didn't really plan to use Shakeology.  I had never tried it before and I really was just so sold by the workouts that I didn't think buying the shakes would really add that much more to my new lifestyle. 

But it all kind of came with the territory and I thought I may as well give them a try to see what they were like.  I ordered the cafe latte, because according to research I had done that flavor along with chocolate was their biggest sellers.  And I like coffee.

It came quicker than expected and I was super excited to try it.  It was a little strong on flavor.  The first mixture I tried was using just unsweetened almond milk and I've now been adding water along with that to cut down the strong flavor.  I sometimes add oats, frozen bananas, mint extract (careful with this one, a drop or two will do.  I learned that the hard way) or peanut butter.  But there are loads of recipes if you search around. 

You can change your flavor with the HD (home direct) ordering, which is a monthly autoship.  Next month I'll be looking foward to the combo pack.  It will contain vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry.  I thought I should try all the flavors before settling on one so I can give as much input as I can if someone asks me about them. 

My own personal benefits I have come across this past week drinking shakeology were actually more than I expected.  I've been drinking it for breakfast and to do this I add oats and peanut butter to give it more of a filling effect and to make it more like a meal beacuse the shake isn't made to be a meal replacement.  On the meal plans provided by Beachbody they show the shake as a snack.  Adding the oats and peanut butter will fill me up for the better part of the moring.  Seeing as you should be eating every 2 to 3 hours while on an intense exercise program, I think that's a pretty good benefit. 

The other thing I have noticed is the energy it gives me.  I used to be a coffee in the morning and a coffee after lunch type of person to keep me going all day, but this last week I haven't had coffee once and I can honestly say I don't miss it.  Energy wise that is.   

Shakeology also has 5 grams of fiber per serving, which a lot of protein powders can't say.  This also helps with cravings and other digestive benefits.

When you break the price of shakeology down it's $4.33 a day.  Most of us spend that on lunch while at work or multiple times that amount going out to dinner just once a week.  If you're on the road to a healthier lifestyle and cut out those things, Shakeology monthly is completely doable.  And if you sign on as a coach it's a 25% discount.

With that being said, I would also like to add that I look forward to my Shakeology every morning and I am a little sad when it's gone.  If you'd like to check out what's in this Shakeology drink I keep talking about, I've dropped a little info below to break it down for ya.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Easter Darcy

Oh, how I wish my daughter was here to celebrate this day with us. If you were here with us I would have picked out the most beautiful Easter dress for you and you would have looked perfect. We would have went to your grandparents' houses and you would have been smothered with love. I don't think I realized how hard this day is without you until I started writing this post. I would have bought you the softest stuffed bunny rabbit I could find to put in your crib. What I would do to have you in my arms again. But, you are celebrating Easter in the best place that one could celebrate Easter. We love you!

Hello September

I can't believe it's September! So close to Fall.  This time of year is one of my favorites.  Of course, Fall in South Texas is not the Fall I am used to being from the Midwest.  Football isn't the same if you're not freezing your buns off in the stands, holding a cup of hot cocoa just try stay warm.  It reminds me of marching band practice and the fall festival in my hometown.  Funnel cakes and potato gunfights. Freshly pulled taffy and the Ferris wheel that was always scary but the best view in town. And who can have the Fall without the beautiful changing leaves!  My goal this year is to make it up to North Texas where I hear the leaves do change colors. And call me crazy, but I think this will be the first year I really jump on the pumpkin spice train.  I like pumpkin but never really understood the whole craze around the pumpkin spice.  But I made me some pumpkin pancakes the other day and I was definitely craving more after they were gone! Also, it's La

The container system

These little containers are beginning to become my friend.  Back in April when I really started getting into Beachbody programs and signed on with Beachbody on demand, (lifesaver, seriously programs galore!) I started the program 80 Day Obsession.  However, I did not do the meal plan.  I honestly didn't think I needed it.  At the time I was doing my own thing with food and thought if I work out hard enough I can just eat normal and the good would outweigh the bad...WRONG!  That may have worked 10 to 15 years ago, but not in my mid thirties.  The meal plan is a stricter version of the meal plan with 21 Day Fix.  I never did the meal plan with that one either, but that's how I understand it from what I've read and heard.  Some things that were allowed before are no longer allowed in 80 Day Obsession, like wine.  I was counting macros at the time I began 80 DO, which is essentially what this is but the containers control way more of the KIND of food you eat rather than w